NokScoot Booking 101 - Tips & Pointers
Here are some tips we have collated that should help your booking experience with us. We’ve highlighted the most important ones at the top, with other handy pointers at the bottom.
ABSOLUTELY IMPORTANT TIPS
1. Do not attempt to browse for or make more than one booking across multiple tabs in the same browser, because you might get confused and end up booking the wrong travel dates! In all cases, always double check the travel dates again before payment. Never assume.
2. Avoid refreshing the page or using the ‘Back’ button on your browser when making your booking.
3. As with all transactional websites, technical glitches do happen. You can rest assured that we will do our best to minimize the risk, but in the rare event that you do encounter a problem at any stage of your booking, please follow the steps:
- If you do not see the booking confirmation page after submitting payment, or if you saw an error message after submitting your payment details, please wait 15 minutes for your email confirmation to arrive in your inbox because your booking may still have been processed in the backend. And if you receive an email confirmation (provided your entered the correct email address), you can be sure your booking was made and finalised. If you do not receive an email confirmation, please contact your bank to see if anything was deducted from your credit card.
4. If all you need to do is make a change to your existing booking, you have the following options:
- Easiest way would be to use the ‘Manage Your Booking’ feature on nokscoot.com. You’ll need your email address and booking reference number to retrieve your booking.
- Alternatively, you can contact our Call Centre.
5. If you are travelling from Taiwan, do note that the 7-day refund grace period as required by Article 19 of the Republic of China’s Consumer Protection Act does not apply to international air travel bookings.
BUNDLE ME UP!
And to make it even easier, we’ve bundled the most common options together, so you can choose with one click and enjoy a discount compared to selecting the extras individually: Fly, FlyBag & FlyBagEat. All served with a dash of Scootitude. Click on the links below to find out more.
OTHER HANDY TIPS
1) Plan your trip with your friends/family in Advance.
- Have back-up travel dates. Our prices are gonna be so awesome, the best fares are gonna sell FAST. Make sure have more than enough options so that you don't come away empty handed!
- Have on hand the details of all the traveling guests, which include name, date of birth, email address and contact details
- Do your necessary research on Visa and other country requirements.
2) When booking, it is ok to rush, but please ALWAYS check your booking before making payment.
- Double, triple and QUADRUPLE check the details of your trip. Make sure everything is correct (travel dates, passenger names, total cost, etc). You might even want to take a screenshot before submitting your payment details to be doubly certain!
- Please also take note that promotions tend to only be offered for a certain fare class only. They could be JUST for FLYBAG fares or SCOOTBIZ fares, for example. So even if we are having a promo, selecting a fare class that is not on promotion will mean that you will have to pay the full fare.
3) Familiarise yourself with the different fare bundles we have
(FLY,FLYBAG, FLYBAGEAT, SCOOTBIZ) and discuss with your group what bundles to go for.
- Click on the following links for more details about our fare bundles: Economy Class and ScootBiz Class.
- Discuss and decide on baggage requirements and the different food & beverage options or Ancillaries available.
- For a full list of our Fares and Fees, click here.
4) Tips if booking large groups.
- At this moment, customisation of fare bundles per passenger within the same booking is unavailable. This means, if you want to 2 FLYBAG and 1 ScootBiz, you have to do it via 3 seperate bookings.
- If your preferred date does not show the lowest promo price, try reducing the number of pax in that booking. For example, if that particular flight only has 4 promo tickets left and you are booking 5 tickets, it will show you the next ticket price and not the lowest one. SO, lower the pax till you see the lowest price, book it first, then proceed to make another booking for the rest. The small risk of course is not getting the seats together.
5) Other important reminders.
- During Sales, HIGH TRAFFIC is unavoidable. That said, if you are unable to connect for hours on end, you could try using a different browser or clearing cache? Or some have even reported easier connection via different ISPs. We really cannot control the level of connectivity to our servers.
- Browser: we love all browsers, but for the best viewing experience make sure you use either Internet Explorer 8 and above, Google Chrome 9.0 and above, Firefox 4.0 and above or Safari 5.0 and above.
- Mobile browsing/booking might not be the best idea during the sales promo. The booking process is not optimised for mobile yet. So do it on a desktop.
- If there is a huge spike in traffic and you are directed to an error page, do not keep refreshing that error page as it will just keep showing that page. Go back to www.nokscoot.com and try again.